FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
JFOC and JFCS is looking for interns interested in working in a fast-paced team environment, and who desire to gain broad experience in various aspects of fundraising and development. Interns will help the organization to build its donor database, identify grant and corporate sponsorship opportunities, help write proposals and appeal letters, work with social media appeals and assist the Executive Director with other activities as needed.
- Researching new foundations/grants to apply for funding
- Researching area businesses and corporate foundations to apply for sponsorships
- Help with writing and editing of proposals and reports
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- Help with maintaining database records
- Other tasks
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Interest in a nonprofit career
Each internship position will also have its share of “busy” work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like file cleaning and data entry.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-363-0530.